Epic EMR professional with 8+ years of experience in training Epic
providers and clinical users, and helping them to increase the efficiency and
effectiveness of their system usage. I work with the end users and the builders
to help design workflow and processes, as well as creating training
documentation for company-wide usage, and tracking productivity metrics after
- 5 years
at Cleveland Clinic supporting EpicCare Link, training referring doctors
how to use Epic
months at Catholic Health Partners in Cincinnati, Youngstown, and Kentucky
supporting Bariatric Surgery, GI, General Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic,
Pediatrics, Women's Health, Orthopedics, and Internal Medicine
months at Texas Health Resources in Dallas, TX supporting Internal
Medicine, Women's Health, Orthopedics, Infectious Diseases, Spine & Neuro, General Surgery, Wound Care, Endocrinology
months at Reading Health in Reading, PA supporting Family Medicine,
Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine, Women's Health, and Liaison Practice
go-lives and 57 practice optimizations
hundreds of training classes at UNC Health System, Cleveland Clinic,
Catholic Health Partners, Texas Health Resources, and Reading Health
(Certified Data Information Architect)
(Enterprise Content Management Professional)
2010 Ambulatory Credentialed
2012 Ambulatory Certified
Roundup for Cancer Epidemiology/Epic User Group Meeting 2009" (Using
EpicCare Link to facilitate third-party abstracting)
User Management Frontiers/Epic User Group Meeting 2009" (Managing
user requests within EpicCare Link)
Referring Physicians to the Cleveland Clinic/Epic User Group Meeting
2007" (Requirements for recruiting, registering, and supporting
EpicCare Link users)
Clinic, EMR, and Meaningful Use" -
UNC HEALTH SYSTEMS
- Worked with Instructional Designer to create and update curriculum
for Ambulatory training
- Presented different training for providers, nurses, residents,
medical students, Dragon users,and clinic managers, session sizes up to
- Prepared for at-the-elbow support with physicians and providers.
READING HEALTH SYSTEM 9/2012-12/2013
- Worked with Project Manager and Team Leads to facilitate multiples
waves of Epic go-lives at different clinics throughout the health system.
- Worked closely with practice managers, physician champions, and
providers to help users go live with Epic EMR in an ambulatory
- Extensive at-the-elbow support with physicians and providers, as
well as follow-up Optimization visits to the practices.
- Supported five go-live sessions. Modules included Family Medicine,
Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine, OB-Gyn.
- Worked with physician practices after go-live for up to 12 months
to optimize Epic usage for the providers and clinical staff.
- Created Skills Checklist for providers, and created missing tip
sheets for necessary skills.
01/2012 - 09/2012
Project Manager - Epic Systems
- Managed several installations of OnBase
imaging software integrated with Epic in large healthcare institutions.
- Assisted with analysis, created solution design documents,
presented to client, and managed Solution Engineers in order to complete
successful installs of the software on time and on budget in order to meet
TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES
08/2011 - 01/2012
- Worked on an Optimization Project helped practices currently
running Epic and improved their Epic skills, took them to the next level
of proficiency with the Epic Ambulatory system.
- Project included working with physicians in 22 different practices,
this included Internal Medicine, Women's Health, Orthopedics, Infectious
Diseases, Spine & Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Wound Care, and
- Developed curriculum, presentations and scenarios for
presentations. These presentations were customized for each practice based
on thorough reviews of provider's charts.
- Presented 4-hour system review, highlighting areas for improving
- Worked with individual providers to help them develop their skills
specific to their practice and improved office workflow and reduced the
time for documenting patient encounters.
CATHOLIC HEALTH PARTNERS
08/2010 - 07/2011
- Assisted with a multi-hospital Epic implementation as a project
manager and contract trainer credentialed in Epic Ambulatory.
- Credentialed in Epic Ambulatory, experienced with four go-live
- Supported providers specializing in Bariatric Surgery, GI, General
Surgery, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic, Pediatrics, Women’s Health,
Orthopedics, and Internal Medicine.
- Experienced with registration and scheduling (Prelude and Cadence).
- Reviewed and revised all Ambulatory training material.
- Worked with training teams to coordinate and organize training
- Presented over 50 training sessions for physicians, with a class
size up to 12 attendees.
- Worked closely in pre-go-live capacity to assist EMR Manager with
- Provided staff augmentation to assist Directors and Managers in
post go-live project planning and implementation to complete successful
deployment of the software. Supported the application before, during, and
after go-live, working closely with department nurses and physicians.
- Supported the applications before, during, and after go-live,
working closely with department nurses and physicians.
CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION
11/1998 - 01/2010
Manager of Development for eCleveland Clinic
Responsible for a team of developers, analysts, and Help Desk personnel.
Indirect responsibility for two nurses and a medical secretary in the Clinical
Operations department. Experience with Epic, Cadence, Prelude, EpicCare Link,
and Epic MyChart.
- Implemented a project to give auditors remote access via EpicCare
Link to specific patient medical records. Reduced audit time by 30%, and
saved over $250,000.
- Implemented VMWare software to create virtual PCs for testing
websites using any operating system/browser combination. This expense was
easily offset by the ease of quickly creating a virtual PC, without the
need for operating/maintain physical hardware.
- Presented weekly training session on EpicCare Link to external
referring physicians, both in-person and via web-based training sessions.
- Supported and presented Epic MyChart to
both external users and internal departments.
- Managed Epic MyChart implementation and
SACKS ELECTRICAL SUPPLY/REXEL
09/1988 - 04/1997
MIS Manager-Electrical Distributor, Northeast Ohio
Responsible for MIS operations in three branches - Solon, Akron, and Canton.
- Project Manager for a computer conversion to standardize 13 Ohio branches
on one system. Planned, scheduled, and hired the training crew, re-trained
over 150 employees, and implemented the conversion.
- Organized all computer functions and Setup a Help Desk.
- Organized the programming department.
- Worked with department heads to allow the computer to maximize
employee productivity and increase customer service, while lowering
- Implemented both EDI and Direct Order Entry for customers and
- Reduced labor expenses, while increasing system reliability and
availability by identifying and automating various functions.
- Improved the effectiveness of cost estimating, project scheduling,
and project management by using timely information.
09/1986 - 09/1988
Distribution Software Consultant
- Responsible for 20 users of distribution software (SFD).
- Organized and implemented software changes, upgrades, and
07/1985 - 09/1986
- Designed and implemented a customer service database for a local
- Organized a computer conversion of software from proprietary
hardware to PC's for a local tire manufacturer.
CREATIVE DATA SYSTEM/STERLING SOFTWARE
09/1981 - 07/1985
Retail/Distribution Software Programmer (Cobol)
Designed and programmed systems for distribution, based on MCBA COBOL software.
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Order Entry
- Inventory Management
Computer Science, Cleveland State